Skip to main content

Time For Being Still!!!

Hello again everyone!!! I was wondering, did anybody miss me or the daily posts? Well, even if you did or did not, what a learning experience I have had these last few days! You see, I lost my Internet connection sometime early Thursday morning. Try as I might, my computer would not let me connect to the Internet. I began to become frustrated and agitated because I couldn't write or check my e-mail. However, a voice spoke to me during this frustration. It said,

Be Still and Know I Am God!!

I was shocked at first, but the more I listened, the more the voice spoke and the louder it got. You know what? I got on my knees and prayed. God told me that I needed a break from giving all my attention to work and ministry. I needed to focus on what was more important---my family!!

Friends, there are times when we think we are doing a service to God when we are active in serving, work, paying our bills, etc. etc. But, one thing I learn over and over, God wants us to spend time with Him, but He also wants us to spend time with our family. Why do we marry and have children if we are too busy to spend time with them? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think that this is also why our society is in such a disarray today. Too many of us spend our time, our best effort on things that should not matter as much as are loved ones should. Trust me, I know we need to pay our bills, our houses, our stuff, but at the same time, we need to not make those "material things" the center of our lives.

My daughter celebrated her 4th birthday today!! What a joyous party we had for her! Many friends and family showed up, and I didn't miss one thing! God allowed me to have my focus these last days on Him, and on my wife and children. I saw things, learned things and experienced things that I might have missed if my attention were on other things. Praise God for He is good!!

We need to learn that there are more times that God wants us to be still and know Him, and our loved ones, than there are to keep going and miss out on the special little moments. I challenge you today, take a day, or two or three, and be still. You never know what you might be missing!

May God richly bless you today!! H Trent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking About Calling Down Fire!?!

James and John were refered to as "the Sons of Thunder" in the Bible. When they discovered a Samaritan village that would not receive Jesus, they were fully prepared to call down fire to consume the entire community. "And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" Luke 9:54. Maybe they felt that through such a show of power, the gospel message might be enhanced. The two brothers were willing to sacrifice the lives of the village in order to further the cause of the gospel. However, Jesus rebuked them! Later, the apostles heard that Samaria had responded to the gospel. Guess who was commissioned to go and help them receive the Holy Spirit? None other but Peter and John! It was God's purpose that the people not be destroyed but saved! God chose not to rain down fire on the village, but to shower it with His Holy Spirit! I wonder what w

On Earth as it is in Heaven!

  As believers, I know that we question the situations and culture that we find ourselves in during these times.  We wonder what has happened to our world and why are things happening as they are.  I also hear fellow brothers and sisters in Christ complaining that something should be done, but they themselves do not want to get involved. Lastly, why aren't the miracles and power of God not being manifest during our lifetime?  The answer my friends is that we have forgotten to Whom we belong and that the battle is always fought on our knees!  To many, this could be a passive way of stating that this is all that we can do, but I would like to say that we need a change of thinking and praying in order to start seeing the results that we so desperately desire!  I want us to really take a deep look at the Lord's Prayer: "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.   Give us this

The Fruit of the Spirit!!

As one examines what the Scriptures teach about the fruits of the Spirit, you could be intimidated. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23. Working all nine of these traits into our life seems impossible, and it is. However, the moment we became Christians, the Holy Spirit began a divine work to produce Christ's character in us. Let me say this, regardless of who you are, the Spirit works from the same model, Jesus Christ. The Spirit looks to Christ in order to find the "blueprint" for your character. The Spirit will immedately begin helping you experience and practice this same love that Jesus had when He laid down His life for His friends. The same joy He experienced will be filled in you. The identical peace that guarded the heart of Jesus, even as He was being beaten and mocked, will be the peace that the Spirit